Wednesday, April 17, 2013

This is an Art Quilt I made to honor our daughter Lanita who fought brain cancer (Glioblastoma) for just over 3 years after being diagnosed and told she had 8 months.  The picture depicts her strength and determination to live.  The dragon, the cancer that she had to fight and tame.  The chapel, her church where she went to worship and find solace.  The doves flying above represents the peace she found at her church.  The flowers, she always had a love for flowers.  Look closely and you will see her guardian angel in the air hovering above her right shoulder, left to you, the same angel who looked over her and helped her through this whole ordeal.  She collected Angels and had them all over her house.  She loved her God and also most everyone she met, never met a stranger.  I love her and miss her so very much.

This picture was made of her about a year ago
 and through it all she never asked why me Lord. She was such a precious person and hard worker.  Owned and managed five convienient stores.  She and husband, who was a wonderful care giver, had three children, one daughter married and lives Atlanta, Ga. One son who is CEO of an Oil Company and one daughter who is a Hair Designer and Makeup Artist and will be getting married May 18th of this year and is so effected because her mom will not be there for her wedding.   I have waited a while to put this on my blog, however most of my friends and family are already aware of all this.  I wish you and your family well and hope you will go to the top of the page and join my blog.  
  

18 comments:

  1. Bonita, When did Lanita pass away? I had no idea! I am so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you and your family. Let me know how you are. You know my email address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..... I have just come across your blog - absolutely beautiful work in your Quilt - I am sorry to hear of your loss - Lanita looks like a lovely soul and will be dearly missed by her family and friends - my thoughts are with you at this time - Simona

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can feel your pain in the entry, and have that same pain from my father dying of Liver Cancer years ago. Still to this day I awake thinking it is not true having had him in my dreams the night before. Every day I realise that my mind has played a nasty trick and Dad is indeed not here and is with my other relatives in the stars.
    Dad's aren't supposed to die, they are strong and can protect you from all harm... except they are still human... that's what hurts...

    Condolences hon, it does ease slightly... but I can't say totally x Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry for your loss. This is a lovely way to honor your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always sad to lose someone we love. My heart goes out to you and your family as you face each day without her. Your tribute is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen your quilt "brother against brother" and thought it was amazing, the one for your daughter is also brilliant. This is the essence of art: self-expression in a way that heals you while touching others. You have accomplished this beautifully. Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is such a sad story and I am truly sorry for your loss! My Dad died of a heart attack when I was 14, he was 36. Never been sick before. My Grandparents never got over it and knowing how they felt back then I can relate to what you're going through.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful tribute to your beautiful daughter! The quilt is magnificent, but what it represents is even better. So sorry for the loss of your daughter. May God comfort your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bonita, I am a new follower. What a beautiful quilt.. I am so sorry for your loss. What a wonderful tribute to your daughter. Love and prayers for you and your family. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Bonita, I was so saddened by the story of your daughter's fight with cancer. I can tell she fought hard and had a great spirit about her. It shows in her picture and your wall hanging and your words that go with it. sincerely, Claire W.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need your blogspot address to visit and join yours, Your comment was so beautiful and gracious.

      Delete
  11. This is so beautiful. What a lovely tribute. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter. Cancer is such a terrible disease. I have joined your blog and invite you to follow me at my blog also. So wonderful to meet you.

    ReplyDelete